Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips

Friday 20 December 2013

Insecurity rise in parts of Kinamba division


By ephantus kiptanui
Residents of Kyeni village, Kinamba division in Laikipia County are living in fear after armed men tried to raid one of the homesteads on December 18, 2013.
The armed men alleged to be three in number ransacked the homestead but they did not find any livestock.
“I received a tip off that some armed men were heading this way. I immediately knew that they were after my livestock. I hurriedly left with my cattle to the neighbouring village before they arrived,” said Giryor, the homestead owner.
As the armed men were leaving the homestead they came across one of the residents who was heading to his house. They robbed him off his money and other valuables.
“They told me to give them money and i gave them everything that I had without resistance. They then returned my national identity card. One of them wanted to shoot me but the other one prevented him, “said Kibet Kuto, who was robbed by the armed men.
Keeping livestock in the area is now said to be a risky business as cases of cattle rustling is now a common occurrence in the area. Most of the farmers are now said to have taken their livestock’s to other villages or stopped keeping livestock altogether for fear of losing their livestock’s.
Kyeni residents are now calling on the government to intervene and improve security in the area.

No comments: